Our Health Your Hands marks the 70th year of the NHS and Kingston Hospital.
It is an innovative creative learning project, involving 300 children and young people across Kingston in a year of learning. Led by Anstee Bridge and Bounce Theatre with Its Not Your Birthday and Chocolate Films also providing workshops.
Our Health Your Hands will be led by Anstee Bridge students, who will guide the research, curate the stories and share the material across schools in the borough.
The project will shine a spotlight on some of the people who work, volunteer and support their local hospital. The wider community will also be invited to contribute memories/stories to say thank you for the care they have received.
Alongside this, the young people will undertake research at Kingston Local History Room and the National Archives to tell the story of the NHS on a local level.
They will translate their learning into a range of events including
- Original spoken word poetry and music produced by young people.
- A pop up tardis. Both an exhibition and performance space curated by Anstee Bridge to tour to schools across the borough.
- Our Health Your Hands – Stories from the NHS by Chessington Community College.
- #ThankyouNHS letter writing campaign from INYBB
- Mosaic for Kingston Hospital celebrating 70 years of care.